This post may contain affiliate links. For more information go to our Disclaimer & Disclosure page.
These Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas are sure to be your family’s new favorite comfort food. They are easy to make ahead and a big crowd pleaser!
Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas
I first tasted these honey lime chicken enchiladas, surprisingly, at a wedding reception and knew I had to have the recipe! I’m sold on anything my kids will actually eat!
You know how every family has their own special “comfort food”? I think enchiladas are definitely that for our family. It’s something warm, filling and tasty that will please everyone.
I personally love this meal because you can make it ahead of time. It’s great to pull these babies out of the fridge after a long day and pop them in the oven. I actually think these may even taste better once you’ve let them sit for a day. All those incredible flavors have a few hours to sink into that chicken and make it mind-blowingly yummy!
The honey in this enchilada sauce really makes this a kid friendly recipe. It cuts the spice of the green chilis and seriously this stuff is addicting! Sometimes I will just mix the sauce and dip quesadillas in it. So. Good.
A few things to note about these honey lime chicken enchiladas:
- Start them at least 2 hours (or more) before you plan to eat them
- Heat your tortillas before filling and rolling to prevent cracking. I love to make my own homemade tortillas and I’m obsessed with this Tortilla Press!
- Be sure to pour some sauce on the bottom of the pan so you don’t have burnt enchiladas stuck to your pan.
- This makes a great freezer meal or dish to bring to a friend or neighbor.
- You can use this easy Mexican Shredded Chicken recipe for your filling or just shred a rotisserie chicken if you’re in a hurry.
Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas
These Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas are sure to be your family's new favorite comfort food. They are easy to make ahead and a big crowd pleaser!
- 1 Cup Lime Juice
- 8 Tbsp Honey
- 3 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Chipotle Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 3 cups Shredded Chicken or Whole Rotisserie Chicken
- 2 cans Hatch Green Chile Enchilada Sauce
- 1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 4 Tbsp Honey
- 1/4 cup Lime Juice
- 1/2 tsp chipotle chili powder
- 8-10 Tortilla Strips
- 2 cups Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
- 1 bunch Cilantro
- Red Onion
- Sour Cream
Preheat the oven to 350.
Mix all the ingredients for the chicken filling and let them marinate for several hours or overnight if possible. If you don't have time, don't sweat it, they'll still be delicious.
Pour 1 cup of sauce onto a 9x13 casserole dish. Fill each tortilla shell with about 1/2 cup of chicken filling, roll it up and place them in the pan side by side. Pour remaining sauce over the filled tortillas and sprinkle with cheese.
Bake for 30 minutes or until your cheese is bubbling and crisp, but not rock hard.
Remove from the oven and sprinkle with garnish of choice.
Leftovers can be kept in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.